Thursday 23 May - Monday 27 May 2013 - 5 Day Tour
This is our fourth Beer & Battlefields Tour. Our base is the friendly Oude Abdij Hotel in Lo, the site of one of the many Belgian breweries destroyed in the First World War. This Tour will centre on battlefields and breweries in the Ypres Salient in Flanders and will as usual include visits to well known and some less well known sites. We will have the services of Siobhan McGinn as our guide to Flanders Fields, and this year Siobhan will be giving us the benefit of her studies on the MA in British first war studies which she will undertake in Autumn 2012.
Tour Price: To be announced in Autumn 2012. Prices will be based on sharing in a twin or double room.
- Hotel accommodation and breakfasts.
- Luxury coach travel on a 49 seater coach with toilet.
- Pick up from Ipswich (Crown Street Layby), Colchester (Southway Chapel St South Layby) or Chelmsford (The Woolpack, Mildmay Road). Arrangements can be made for different joining points on the way to Folkestone or even on the other side of the channel.
- All Brewery visits, tours and brewery beer tastings.
- Entrance fees to attractions, museums and historical sites.
- All other items marked with an asterisk on the individual detailed tour itinerary.
- Copies of Podge’s City Bar guide and Map for the town or city where we stay or spend some time on Tour.
- Free still and sparkling water on the coach.